NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addressed a Kisan Mahasammelan through video conferencing. A large number of farmers were physically present at the Kisan Mahasammelan organized at Dussehra ground in Raisen today.
PM Modi also inaugurated and laid the foundation of cold storage infrastructure and other facilities.
Here are the key points:
- New Agri laws have not come overnight. Over the last 20-30 years, the central government and state governments had detailed discussions on these reforms. Agriculture experts, economists & progressive farmers have been demanding reforms.
- Political parties should stop misguiding farmers. It’s been 6-7 months since farm laws were implemented. But now suddenly, games are being played to plough one’s own political land through a web of lies.
- I request all political parties with folded hands, please keep all the credit. I’m giving credit to all your old election manifestos. I just want ease in the life of farmers, I want their progress and want modernity in agriculture.
- The old manifestos of all the political parties of the country are seen today, the letters of those who were earlier handling the country’s agricultural system are read today, you will find out that the agricultural reforms that are being brought today are not much different.
- The report came, but these people kept sitting on the recommendations of the Swaminathan Committee for eight years.
- Today, several farmers have been given a Kisan Credit Card. Earlier, they were not available to all farmers. But we changed rules to make Kisan Credit Card available to all farmers across the country.
- Before every election, these people talk about debt waiver. And how much is the debt waiver? Are all farmers covered by this?
- If older governments were concerned, around 100 large irrigation projects in the country would not hang for decades.
- It is true that no matter how hard the farmer works, but if there is no proper storage of fruits-vegetables-grains, if they are not done properly, then there is a huge loss.
- I would like to urge the traders and industry of the country to increase their investment and further their contribution in making modern storage systems, cold storage, in setting up new food processing ventures.
- India’s agriculture, India’s farmer, cannot live in backwardness anymore.
- The modern facility available to the farmers of the big countries of the world should also be available to the farmers of India. It cannot be delayed any longer.